Last year, CenturyLink requested and was approved for a 2,000 person beer garden. Beer is available at approximately 400 points of sale within the stadium plus roving vendors. In addition, alcohol is available at many bars and restaurants within a mile radius of the stadium.
The stadium is broken down into four areas of alcohol service:
- all levels sell beer and wine and are open three hours prior to game time,
- level 1 includes two beer gardens that serve spirits,
- level 2 contains restricted club seats and suites that also serve spirits,
- level 3 also has a spirits garden.
As CenturyLink seems to understand considering their request does not include level 3 of the stadium, alcohol contributes to public safety problems inside and outside of the stadium. Here are some links to a KIRO investigation about violence at NFL stadiums:
CenturyLink was the subject of two high profile over-service violations, resulting in a fan beaten so severely that he had to be treated at Harborview. Neither of these incidents were referred to the Liquor Control Board.
Comments about CenturyLink's request can be made directly to the 3 Liquor Control Board members:
- Sharon Foster, Chair - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Marr - email@example.com
- Ruthann Kurose - firstname.lastname@example.org
Post a Comment