A big "thank you" to all the citizens who participated in National Drug Take Back Day and rid their homes of potentially dangerous expired, unused and unwanted prescription drugs.
Citizens dropped off 286.12 pounds of prescription drugs at the five Seattle Police drop-off points! The precinct totals are as follows:
- North Precinct 54.55 pounds
- East Precinct 37.35 pounds
- West Precinct 19.45 pounds
- South Precinct 94.29 pounds
- Southwest Precinct 80.50 pounds
Thank you to all Prevention WINS coalition members who helped publicize this event!
The Take Back Your Meds campaign is working locally to institute a permanent medicine return program. Learn more at their website.