Links to a few public health websites are included in the WASAVP Marijuana Education Toolkit. One of the public health resources to which we may refer is the National Prevention Strategy's priority of Preventing Drug Abuse and Excessive Alcohol Use. Policies that are recommended include:
- Reduce days and hours of alcohol sales.
- Limit the number of places that sell alcohol.
- Enforce the legal minimum drinking age (21).
- Restrict alcohol marketing.
- Expose youth to counter-marketing messages.
All of these policies are among those recommended by WASAVP for addressing legal marijuana.