All NE Seattle families are invited to a free parent education forum . . .
Preventing teen drug use: What can parents do as alcohol, marijuana, and prescription drugs become more available?
Monday, November 3, 2014
Nathan Hale High School
10750 30th Avenue NE
Dr. Leslie R. Walker, Chief of Adolescent Medicine at Seattle Children's Hospital, will discuss teen health, the impact of drug use, and what parents can do to prevent it. Dr. Walker will be followed by a panel discussion.
- Lisa Chinn, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Seattle Children's Hospital
- Annemarie Michaels, Nathan Hale teacher and parent of a teeenager
- Rachel and Joseph, parents of a college freshman
- Kipp Strong, Seattle Police Department
- Nathan Hale student members of Raiders Against Destructive Decisions
Handouts will include A Parent's Guide to Preventing Underage Marijuana Use.
|NE Seattle 30-Day (Current) Use Rates, grades 8 & 10|
Source: Washington Healthy Youth Surveys, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012